Thursday, October 16, 2008

Trip to the ER.


As much as I don't want to relive this event, Ashley Covin suggested that I blog it, "everyone else does." So, this is going to be my attempt to blog and get over it. After getting home from work yesterday I made a chicken casserole. I had finished cooking the casserole when I decided to open a can of lima beans to go with it. At the same time I picked Kayden up because Bob was coming through the door. My plan was to give her to her daddy so they could play and I would finish cooking. However, I thought, I'll just pour the beans in while I wait on Bob to wash his hands.

But, before I could even pour the beans into the pan Kayden swatted the can cutting her finger. Before I knew it blood was everywhere! Kayden was crying huge croc tears. Bob and I were freaking out and on our way to the E.R. After the resident and doctor and wonderful nurse Ashley Covin seen Kayden we left the emergency room with a clean finger and a bandaid. Oddly enough Kayden cried for a total of one minute though the entire experience and I have not stopped crying.

At the end of the day, my pride as a parent is hurt but, Kayden is great. A hurt finger isn't going to slow this vivacious little girl down

1 comment:

The Covin's said...

I hope her little finger is healing well. It was good to see and talk to yall even though I hated yall had to be there. Take care!